Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Western Michigan University
Texas Bar Foundation
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Tireless. Hard-working. Zealous. As the Managing Attorney for Jim Adler & Associates, Michael Gomez doesn’t just exemplify these values in his own work. He expects the same dedication from each member of Jim Adler’s team. Day in and day out.
“Jim Adler has built one of the largest, most prominent, and most successful personal injury law firms in the State of Texas,” says Gomez. “Literally thousands of Texans place their faith in us to represent their best interests and to champion their rights. I take this responsibility very seriously because I understand how important each client’s case is to them personally.”
For Michael Gomez, each of the 300-plus employees on Jim Adler’s team shares in that responsibility. He firmly believes that Jim Adler & Associates should stand for excellence, that each client who retains the firm should expect the highest quality legal advocacy, and that the lawyers and staff of the firm should deliver each client nothing less.
“Bottom-line: it starts with putting in the time. If you’re not making your best effort, how can you ever expect to be the best? And if you aren’t aiming to be the very best, why should anyone choose you as their attorney? People hire our firm because they expect the very best; that’s the service they deserve, and that’s what they’re going to get.”
This vision of Jim Adler & Associates as the preeminent personal injury firm in Texas may require high standards and hard work, but Michael Gomez leads by example.
Although his duties since becoming Managing Attorney in 2012 include oversight of all four of the firm’s offices in Houston, Channelview, Dallas, and San Antonio, Michael is still licensed in all Texas state courts, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of Texas, and he continues to handle his own personal docket of cases. He also maintains active memberships in numerous professional organizations protecting plaintiffs’ rights, and has made presentations at legal seminars across the country.
“There’s always something more to be done or a higher goal we can aim for, both personally and professionally,” he notes. “I want our clients to be totally sure they have the hardest working, best-qualified attorneys in the State of Texas working on their case.”
- Texas A & M University – Corpus Christi,
- Bachelor of Arts – Political Science
- Bachelor of Science – Criminal Justice
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate
- State Bar of Texas, 2001
- Admitted to practice law in the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- American Association for Justice – Member
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association – Board of Directors Member
Seminars & Speeches
- “Settlement Negotiations in Automobile Cases”
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Houston, TX, March 2010
- “Federal Motor Carrier Regulations, Trucking Litigation”
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Las Vegas, NV, February 2013
- “Representing the Hispanic Client”
- American Association for Justice Winter Convention, Palm Springs, CA, February 2015
- “Dealing with Statutory Liens: Subrogation and Social Security Benefits After Settlement”
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association – Houston, Austin and Dallas, TX, 2016
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association – Houston and Dallas, TX – 2018