Every day, you take a risk. Life happens. However, sometimes things happen that you’re not prepared for. In those moments, you need to know who and where you can turn to for help. Trust is crucial for the sufferer. That’s why we are here! We offer you trust, security, advice and guidance for some of your toughest moments in life.
Have you, or someone you love, been involved in a car accident? Do you work as a truck driver and had an unfortunate accident with your 18-wheeler? If so, we expect that you’re confused, stressed, worried and wondering how to deal with the repercussions of the incident. Anything can happen on the roadways. You cannot control the actions of other drivers, wildlife, inclement weather, road construction or unexpected automobile malfunctions. We understand. It’s something that we deal with everyday and – trust us – we have seen it all!
If any of this describes you and your current situation, please give us a call and let us give you a FREE consultation! That’s right – a free consultation. We are here to help you as we have helped countless others that found themselves in unexpected, unfortunate situations.
Again, if this describes you, then quickly seek help from a qualified car accident lawyer
. There’s no time to be wasted! Never put your head in the sand and allow those expensive medical bills to add up without knowing how to pay them. If you’ve lost your job over the accident, then you need help FAST. When you contact us, we will give you answers to any and all questions that you may have about car accident injuries in Texas.
Why Should You Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
There are many people that are uncomfortable with hiring a lawyer for matters like car wrecks and injuries. They often believe that it further complicates the problem or is completely unaffordable. This lack of understanding usually causes more problems in the long run. Here’s the thing: many people don’t realize how complicated car accident claims can be. Insurance companies proclaim to have your best interest at heart, but in reality, their job is to do the least amount for you as possible. In addition to this, the more severe the accident was, the higher the likelihood you’re going to get taken advantage of. People don’t realize the importance of protection needed in cases that involve serious car accidents. You can never trust the other party to do right by you. For example, if a car pulled out in front of you, hit you and then a passenger in that car passed away as a result, you cannot trust that they won’t accuse you of the difficult situation. Protection means everything and a car accident lawyer is a necessity.
We aren’t saying that you don’t have the right to deal with your own claim. There are many people out there that prefer to handle their matters completely on their own. But it isn’t always wise. We have encountered countless situations in which those that were injured in car accidents were short- changed by insurance companies. Don’t let that person be you! With the right attorney, you can claim what is rightfully yours and without the added stress of dealing with the insurance companies.
Let’s take a look at some specific reasons to hire a car accident attorney:
- Multiple parties were involved in the car wreck
- One or more people were killed by the accident
- One of more people were injured by the accident
- The police report doesn’t match with the actual incident
- One or more parties involved did not have car insurance or health insurance
- There was a hit and run situation
- The other parties did not share their contact information with you
- You cannot afford the medical bills
- You cannot afford to repair or replace the vehicle
How can a car accident attorney help you?
If you’ve had a very nasty car accident and are wondering how an accident lawyer can help you, let us show you what we can do for you! If this has been you, then do not try to work with the insurance companies on your own. This will most likely spell disaster! Insurance companies earn their money by ensuring that you receive as little as possible from the car accident. If you sustained serious injuries from the accident, you absolutely cannot rely on the insurance company to honor you. It’s crucial for you to reach out to a car accident lawyer so that you may have the proper guidance in dealing with the insurance company and all other parties involved.
So what can we help you with? Take a look below at some of the many ways in which we provide help to our clients:
- First and foremost, we listen to your concerns
- We decipher the possible liable parties for your pain and suffering
- We work on your claim and file it
- We gather all necessary evidence to prove your injuries and/or damages
- We present this to your insurance company for negotiation
- We fight on your behalf so that you may receive what’s owed to you!
- We will also file a legal claim against any unfair insurance companies
And of course, once you hand this burden over to us, we will fight for your care so that you can take care of yourself. This gives you the much needed opportunity to heal from your injuries and endure any medical treatments without the added stress of the legalities. You will KNOW that you’re protected. Too many times have we watched people accept settlements that were robbing them of money, medical care, vehicle repairs, vehicle replacements, jobs and peace of mind. This does not have to be the case for you! We have the knowledge, experience and expertise to fight for what’s rightfully yours.
Please don’t be another victim who’s been taken advantage of! Let us help you today. Contact our office to learn more about how we can ease your mind and remove this burden from your plate. Our consultation is free with no cost to you!
Talk to us TODAY. Tell us about your car accident and let us help you!
Millions of people drive through Texas every day. With that being said, vehicle accidents are inevitable and often provide major issues for everyone involved. You can never trust the other party regardless of what they promise you. Far too often have we seen innocent people get pulled through the mud needlessly! In addition to the complications of legalities, these scenarios in life provide tremendous amounts of stress, heartache, money and worries. Our team is here to offer you solutions, comfort, compassion, guidance and relief. It’s a joy for us to provide you with honest support, good character, years of experience and knowledge of the law. Do you want the best results for your loved ones? For you? Then let us help you TODAY.
As we said earlier, insurance companies will do everything they can to deny your accident claim. That’s their job-to deny your claim so that more money goes into THEIR pockets. And if they see that there’s no way to NOT pay you something, they will then fight to pay you as little as they can. Is this something that you want to deal with on your own? If you don’t know your stuff, they can really take advantage of you. You will find yourself walking away empty-handed and with a ton of debt that you cannot pay. Think about it. This is how insurance companies earn money. They take advantage of you by promising to protect you.
When you talk to your insurance company, please, do not sign ANYTHING until you have first sought counsel from us. By simply signing with the insurance company before consulting us, you run the risk of losing everything that’s owed to you. Don’t make the mistake of being pressured by their forms without proper counsel from us!
If you’re worried that consulting us will result in another expensive bill that you can’t afford, remind yourself that consulting us is FREE. Please contact us and let us help you sort out this bump in the road. The longer you wait, the more harm it can cause you. Give us a call today and let’s take care of this situation so you can receive the healing you need and the compensation that’s rightfully yours!
What should you do after you are involved in a car accident?
There are several steps to take after a car accident to protect yourself. Let’s take a look at step by step instructions on what to do after a car accident.
- Ensure that you’re okay and anyone in the vehicle with you are okay. Also check on anyone else involved in the wreck to see if they’re okay. Then, if you’re able, move as far away from oncoming traffic as quickly as you can. The accident site itself will increase the odds of another accident. Keep yourself safe.
- Call 911 if there seems to be an emergency situation. If you still have your cell phone on you, call 911. If you don’t have a cell phone, see if anyone else has one. If you’re near other buildings where people are, ask them to call 911. Find a way to call 911.
- If there isn’t a direct emergency after the accident, call the local police department to report the accident.
- Once the police arrive, and they see the need for you to sign a traffic citation, you should sign it. This does not mean that you’re guilty of anything.
- Always get the police officers’ names and division. This is important information that you’ll have to add to your personal file for documentation purposes.
- Always get the contact information from the other drivers that were involved in the accident. We even advise you to get the contact information for the other passengers if they’re adults.
- Check for any witnesses on the scene that can vouch for your support. You will also want their contact information in case you may need them for further clarification during the accident case.
- If you have a camera or cell phone, remember to take photos of any damage to all the vehicles that are involved in the car accident. You’ll also want to capture photos of the area so that the weather conditions and road conditions are clearly visible. Traffic signs are another important thing to capture in your photos.
- Request a copy of the police car accident report. Sometimes it will be available on the scene. If not, you can get a copy of the report from the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Once you get a copy of the police accident report, learn how to read it so that you may know what type of information it has. It’s really important to be schooled on your situation and how it has been recorded.
- If you have any injuries, immediately seek medical attention from the nearest hospital or physician. Even if you think that you don’t have any injuries, it’s still very wise to get checked out by a doctor.
- Get a medical record from your physician on your injuries.
- You need to contact your insurance company to report the car accident. The insurance company may ask for a recorded statement about the accident. However, you’re not required to provide this immediately and can consult with your attorney before complying with the request.
Keep in mind that it’s absolutely crucial to stick to the facts and be truthful when sharing your account of the accident. However, always be very cautious when sharing your story with the insurance companies. They are trained to search for loopholes in your story so that they may find any viable reason to deny your claim. The last thing you need to do is say something to them that will compromise your legal rights. This is where having a car accident attorney will benefit you tremendously. It’s our job to ensure that your legal rights are protected and secured. Never let anyone pressure you into saying something or signing something before speaking to your car accident attorney. You have the right to temporarily withhold that information.
Let us represent you today! Give us a call for your free consultation and get that peace of mind that you so desperately deserve.
What are the common causes of car accidents in Texas?
As we stated earlier, there are a lot of people that live and travel through Texas every day. This means that vehicle accidents are going to happen. However, there are many causes of these unfortunate events. Let’s take a look at some of the common causes of car accidents in the great state of Texas.
- Distracted Drivers
- Distracted drivers come a dime a dozen. They can be distracted by the children in the backseat that are arguing. They can be distracted by adjusting the temperature dial in the dash. They can be distracted by a conversation with a passenger. Regardless of the distraction, it only takes one second to look away from the road and then find yourself in an unfortunate event.
- With the increase in technology knowledge, texting has become a new problem for drivers. People think that they can safely text and drive at the same time. What they don’t realize is that texting pulls their attention away from the road for a long time. In many cases, drivers are looking at the phone for a solid 20 seconds instead of the busy roadway in front of them.
- Speeding is another major contribution to car accidents. There are speed limit signs for a reason – your own protection. When you’re speeding, you’re increasing the risk of losing control of your vehicle as well as reducing your response time to sudden objects in your way.
- Sadly, there are far too many people that consume alcohol and then get behind the wheel. This has been a major cause of many devastating car accidents. Never, ever get behind the wheel if you have consumed any amount of alcohol. Period.
- Drug Influence
- With similar effects to drinking and driving, street drugs AND prescription drugs have caused many devastating car accidents as well. Anything you consume that compromises your physical and mental ability to independently operate a vehicle will cause immeasurable damage to your life and the life of others.
- Wildlife is a very common cause of car accidents in Texas. Nighttime poses the biggest risk of wildlife related accidents as it’s harder to see when a deer will suddenly appear from the trees. Accidents also occur when wildlife animals such as opossums, armadillos, dogs, cats, foxes, birds and squirrels suddenly jump in front of your vehicle. A person’s natural instinct is to swerve from hitting the animal. And sadly, if the animal is large like a deer, the animal can force the car off the road before the driver has time to swerve. Wildlife causes many types of unfortunate accidents.
- Inclement Weather
- Severe weather such as thunderstorms, hail, snow, ice, and wind causes many car accidents. Such circumstances often lower the driver’s visibility or their ability to keep the vehicle on the road.
- Tire Blowouts
- Bad tires are another common incident that leads to car accidents. If the quality of your tire is compromised by something the car ran over or if the tire is slowly eroding, a blowout can happen unexpectedly. When they do, they often jerk the driver’s steering wheel hard and unexpectedly from their hands. Always do your best to maintain proper tire care for this very reason.
- Improper Vehicle Maintenance
- If you’re unable to maintain the health of your car, this can often lead to unnecessary accidents. Blown head gaskets, transmission problems and more can compromise a driver’s ability to maintain control of the vehicle and cause an accident.
- Road Work
- It happens far too often: a driver leaves work and is in a rush to get home. They encounter road work on the interstate and compromise their safety driving habits. You get the point. Always slow down when you encounter road work. Not only for your safety, but for the safety of others as well.
- Dangerous Intersections
- Many serious car accidents happen at popular intersections. So many times, drivers will pull out in front of an unseen driver or they encounter confusion over who had the right of way.
- Improper Signs or Lights
- Sometimes, accidents are caused by improper signs or lights. Perhaps there’s a yield sign when it should be a stop sign. Regardless of the reason, these types of occurrences cause confusion and car accidents.
- Potholes and Pavement Cracks
- Many times, a huge pothole can be hit at just the right speed to cause a driver to lose control of the vehicle. These can appear expectantly or unexpectedly.
What are the types of vehicle accidents in Texas?
There are several types of vehicular accidents. Let’s review some of them.
- Single Vehicle Accidents
- These only involve your car and no one else’s Depending on the scenario, they can be very minor or very serious.
- Head-on Crash Accidents
- These are often devastating car accidents. You often see these type of car accidents on interstate highways.
- Rear-end Crash Accidents
- With these, you may be sitting at a stop light and minding your own business when a car from behind you crashes into your backside.
- Rollover Accidents
- These types of accidents are often seen with SUV vehicles and other high ride vehicles. They usually occur when there’s too much speed and a loss of friction from the wheels to the pavement. Making a turn with a high speed often causes rollover accidents.
- Fatal Crash Accidents
- These are the most heartbreaking cases that we deal with. These involve a driver or passenger that didn’t survive the accident.
- Hit and Run Accidents
- These types of accidents involve one driver hitting another and then escaping the scene before you can communicate with them. In these cases, it’s often hard to capture a description of the vehicle or even a tag number. However, it’s very helpful in your case to have any details that you possibly can.
- Uber Crash Accidents
- These type of accidents involve a stranger transporting you to another location in their personal vehicle. Due to this particular circumstance, it’s definitely important to not handle these type of cases on your own.
- Taxi Cab Crash Accidents
- These are similar to Uber accidents. You’ll want protection from the car accident attorney as the taxi cab company may do anything it can to refuse liability.
- Bus Accidents
- Public transportation is not always the safest form of transportation. If you were involved in a bus accident, be sure to have as many details as you can of the scenario. Even obtain information of the driver and other fellow passengers.
- Motorcycle Crashes
- These are often one of the most devastating forms of vehicular accidents. A motorcycle driver has little protection when he or she crashes into an oncoming car, truck or even a tree or power pole.
- Bicycle Accidents
- Bicycle accidents always require the help of an attorney. Far too often, these particular cases are devastating, if not fatal. Whether the bicyclist stayed in his lane or not, there’s no physical protection once hit by another vehicle.
- ATV Accidents
- These are widely considered fun vehicles, but they’re rarely taken as seriously as they should be. A vehicle is a vehicle whether it’s an on-road or off-road vehicle. ATV accidents can also be devastating depending on the scenario.
What Are Common Vehicle Accident Injuries in Texas?
With any accident can come a variety of injuries and medical problems. Some are more common than others depending on the type of vehicle accident. Let’s take a look at some common vehicle accident injuries.
- Whiplash. This involves irritation to the neck muscles that’s caused by the sudden stop of the accident,
- Cuts, scrapes and bruises,
- Soft tissues injuries such as torn tendons, ligaments or muscles,
- Broken bones,
- Fractured bones,
- Spinal injuries of the neck and back,
- Brain or head injuries such as concussions, internal bleeding, skull fractures and more,
- Burn injuries from mild cases to severe cases.
If you had any of these injuries in a car accident, there’s no doubt that huge medical bills come along with it. Give us a call TODAY for your free consultation! There’s no reason to suffer needlessly. Let us help you!
Ask Yourself These Important Questions When Wondering to Seek Our Help
After a car accident, there’s often a lot of confusion as to what you should do. We stated earlier what to do immediately after the accident. What about in the days afterward? If you’re struggling with what you should do in terms of dealing with only the insurance company or hiring a car accident attorney, ask yourself these important questions.
1. Were there any injuries? Were there any fatalities?
If you or a loved one had to seek medical care for the car accident injuries, then you need to talk to us as soon as possible. We will help you to determine the cost of all medical expenses and treatment. Be sure to keep all transaction receipts and bills of medical services.
2. Was your vehicle or anyone else’s vehicle damaged?
When car accidents happen, depending on the severity of the crash, it’ll cause some serious damage to your car. Some vehicles become completely totaled from the car crash. Others obtain minor damage, but are damaging to the pocketbook. It’s important that you have a vehicle to transport yourself and your family to school, work, church, and other daily tasks and routines. Thus, if a car accident damages your vehicle or completely totals it, you need to quickly discern the best course of action to repair or replace the vehicle. This is usually not easy for the average person to do unexpectedly. Vehicles cost money. Vehicle repairs cost money. Let us help you receive the full amount owed to you so that you can afford to replace what you’ve lost from the car accident.
3. Were the police called and involved after the car accident?
If the police were called to the scene of your car accident, this can help you tremendously in proving who should be held liable for your insurance claim. The police officers will have documented everything from the vehicles involved, the location, the scenario that caused the accident and all people involved. If someone broke the law with something such as drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs, they will have a report on that. If any traffic violations caused the accident, they will also have documentation of that as well. All of these details will help you on your insurance claim.
4. Were there any insurance or medical costs due to the car accident?
Remember that you’re searching for compensation on your situation. If you had to endure any type of financial loss due to insurance or medical bills, you’ll want to show these as proof for your claim as well.
If you were able to answer “yes” to these questions, give us a call. Don’t let anyone take advantage of you and lose out on what is rightfully yours!
You may ask, “If I file an insurance claim, how will my settlement payment be determined?
There are several factors that play into the settlement payment. This is why it’s really important to document everything and hold on to the proof of everything revolving around the car accident. Listed below are many of the factors that will determine the payment amount of your settlement:
- The cost of medical care due to injury
- The cost of future medical care due to the car accident
- Disabilities or impairments from the car accident
- Job loss or missed work due to the car accident
- Any suffering that you experienced due to the car accident
The number one question we get asked is, “Are there any up-front costs for hiring a car accident attorney?”
And quite honestly, people believe that they’re unable to afford help from a car accident attorney, so they skip out on seeking answers altogether and accept major losses from the deceptive insurance companies. This should never be the case! There are no up-front costs to hire one of our car accident attorneys. We work on a contingency fee basis. To define this, if we lose the case, you pay us nothing. And if we win the case, we are only paid a portion of the settlement. There’s absolutely nothing that comes from your own pocket. There are no up-front costs and never will you give us any of your money.
What Are Attorney Contingency Fees?
We know that the term sounds complicated, but it’s actually not! An attorney contingency fee is simply a fee that’s charged for services ONLY if the lawsuit was a success and worked in your favor. In addition to this, the attorney fees are usually pulled from the client’s settlement.
What percentage of your settlement does your attorney receive as payment? Most lawyers charge 33 ⅓ percent of the initial settlement if the case is resolved without the need of a lawsuit. However, if a lawsuit is necessary in order to settle the case, then the attorney fee jumps up to 40 percent of the settlement. Keep in mind though that most cases are settled outside of court! We will never file a lawsuit if we do not have the client’s permission to do so. You hire us to work for you; , not the other way around.
To give you an idea of what this would look like, if we negotiate a $60,000.00 settlement on your behalf, then you will receive $40,000.00 of that. From the $40,000.00 that you would receive, your medical care and any other debts will be paid and you can keep the remaining amount. Then you can use the remaining amount to cover any lost wages and recover from the accident. The $20,000.00 is paid in attorney fees. And obviously, if the settlement isn’t reached, then there would be no cost to you.
The settlement is always paid by the insurance company. They almost always pay our clients in one large sum. They don’t like to divide the amount into smaller payments.
What If You’re at Fault for the Accident? Can You Still Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
Yes, absolutely! Many people worry that if they were issued a traffic citation that perhaps it was completely their fault. This doesn’t mean that you are held fully responsible for the car accident.
In the state of Texas, if the other driver carries more than 50 percent of the fault, then you will receive a settlement. For example, if you were 40 percent at fault for the car accident, then that would make the other driver 60 percent at fault. What does this mean? It means that you would receive 60 percent of the settlement. However, if you were held responsible for more than 50 percent of the car accident, then you wouldn’t receive any compensation.
This is where it’s important to hire a car accident attorney! It’s our job to argue on your behalf that you’re not at fault for the car accident. In most cases, all parties involved have their own version of the event, and it’s up to the lawyers to discern the truth.
If you feel that you may have much responsibility for the car accident, you may have already discovered that a police report can work negatively against you in the eyes of an insurance adjuster. However, car accident lawyers are trained to handle such matters with insurance adjusters.
The Details on Dealing with Insurance Adjusters
Many people are misled into thinking that the insurance adjusters are your best friend. They often fall for their caring and sympathetic sounding words and become convinced that they’re going to be done right. In fact, most insurance adjusters WANT to convince you that they’re going to do right by you and give the best deal. Never fall for this! Once you file your claim, the insurance adjuster will call you and start working on getting the lowest settlement for you. That’s the thing: their job is to offer you the lowest settlement while convincing you that it’s the BEST settlement.
They may tell you that you need to give them a recorded statement before you can receive a settlement. Unless litigation is in the works, they don’t have the right to obtain a recorded statement from you. Period.
It’s also a huge mistake to give the other party’s insurance company a recorded statement. This allows for them to deeply dig into every word you’ve spoken so as to find a loophole for not giving you what’s owed to you. It just takes one misspoken word or comment that can cost you a settlement. They are trained to find anything that you say that can work against you. It’s sad how deceptive they are in offering sympathetic vocal tones and words, but it’s a reality. With this being said, it’s best for you to only give them your most basic information. Don’t carry on with casual conversation with them. Don’t cave into their seemingly caring comments. These are all designed to be a trap. They are looking for ways to prove that you’re either responsible for the car accident or that you’ve been dishonest in the amount of your losses or that your injuries weren’t as severe as you’re trying to claim. There are many things they search for to use against you. Thus, if they ask for a recorded statement, kindly tell them “no”. If they insist on a recorded statement, kindly tell them “no”. This is why it’s best to let our team handle the communications with the insurance adjusters! We have spent years studying and practicing the law and know how to navigate through tricky conversations with insurance adjusters. Too many times, victims of car accidents that have had no training in the law also become victims to these sneaky insurance companies. Don’t let that person be you! Give us a call today if you’ve been in a car accident and are needing advice. Please don’t hesitate!
When an Insurance Company Offers a Settlement…
Once the claim has been filed, the insurance company will contact you with a settlement offer; this is where it’s really important to have a car accident attorney on your side.
It can be a huge temptation to accept the first settlement that the insurance company has to offer you. They know that most likely, you have a lack of understanding in the law and what’s really owed to you. When you’ve been overwhelmed with stress, grief, financial loss and more, it can be a relief to hear that they’re going to send you a check. Don’t be that person that accepts the initial settlement offer! It will be a costly mistake for you, and it’s one that you cannot turn back from.
As we have stated previously, insurance companies want to do as much as they can to lower the amount of the settlement. Their main goal is to make a profit off of you. Yes, you read that correctly. They work to make money from your pain and suffering. Unfortunately, once an insurance company deceives a person into accepting their low payout, they then lock the doors on that person from being able to seek additional funds that are rightfully owed to them. It doesn’t matter how dirty their deal was – they will NOT waiver from their decision. This is because they are in it to make a profit. So many people lose out on what’s rightfully theirs, and that’s a shame.
If anything else, this is a huge reason to allow a car accident lawyer to handle all communications with these insurance companies. A car accident attorney will look over the insurance company’s offer and advise you on whether it’s a good deal or not. And if it isn’t a good deal, the lawyer will fight for you by convincing the insurance company to deliver a better settlement. It’s important that you have a high enough settlement that will cover your losses and suffering!
Keep in mind that insurance companies KNOW that lawyers understand their profit scheme and will not stop fighting them until the offer a fair settlement. With our team having this type of advantage over them, it gives us much higher success rates in winning that best settlement on your behalf.
Many people think that there’s no need to have a car accident lawyer when dealing with a claim. It’s not as simple as it seems. People that are not represented by car accident lawyers are targets for being wrongly treated. However, if an insurance company knows that you have a great lawyer working on your side, then they will likely shape up really quickly! Our law team does not stop until we get what is rightfully yours!
If You Suspect an Insurance Company Has Wronged You, Can You Sue Them on Your Own?
Some people that try to work with insurance companies on their own actually discover the unfair actions. They see how they were taken advantage of and that the settlement was, in fact, the lowest of the lows. Once they realize this, they often seek out ways to take them to court on their own accord.
But could you sue an insurance company without the representation of a car accident attorney?
Yes, you could. However, it’s a very unwise thing to do. People who have never studied the law are not prepared to fight against an insurance company. Simply researching laws in Texas won’t instantly make you a schooled person of the law. The court will expect you to know every bit as much as a lawyer would know. They hold you accountable for your case. This is where the insurance company will take advantage of you yet again. Please don’t be that person! Give us a call today about representation. It’s a free consultation! Never handle these types of ordeals on your own!
Let’s take a look at some common questions that folks often ask:
1. Do I need to hire a car accident attorney for a fender bender?
If you were involved in a small fender bender accident, you may think there’s no need to contact an attorney for that. After all, no one was hurt and there was little damage if any at all. However, you would be surprised how much trouble can come from someone not taking that precautionary step by hiring an attorney.
There have been cases where the two parties seemingly resolved the matter on site and never called the police to report it. They may have exchanged handshakes and gone about their merry way. Then, to one person’s surprise, the other party makes a claim on their insurance for property damage and medical expenses.
You can NEVER trust the other party. Insurance is available for a reason. If the other party has taken that route, then you’ll need protection from our trusted team members.
If you’re the person that had minor damage in a fender bender and are having difficulty with the insurance company to give you compensation, you’ll want to hire us for that as well. We can negotiate with the insurance company and succeed in getting the compensation that you need. So many times, insurance companies want to disregard minor car accidents.
And honestly, if we don’t see a need for you to hire a car accident attorney, we will let you know! We won’t charge you a single penny to seek our advice! Contact us today for your free consultation!
2. Would it be wise for me to still get a medical check-up even if I feel well?
Yes, we highly recommend that you get a medical check-up immediately after the car accident. Just because you don’t feel hurt or jolted does not mean that everything is okay. Many times, symptoms of whiplash are not immediately brought on.
In other cases, people may think that they’re feeling loopy because the accident was unexpected and slightly traumatic. Instead of going to the closest hospital or medical clinic, they opt for going home. What they may not realize is that the bizarre sensations could actually be symptoms of mild brain injuries such as a concussion. It’s never wise to allow time for complications to arise from an untreated injury or condition.
It’s wise to see a doctor immediately after a car accident for physical health AND legal purposes.
3. What if I KNOW that I made an error while driving?
It’s a common misconception that if a driver knows they made an error while driving that it automatically cancels them from receiving any type of compensation for the car accident. This is simply not true. The Texas laws may be complicated, but that doesn’t mean that you are automatically cut from receiving any compensation.
Personal injury victims can receive compensation as long as they are not more than 50 percent responsible for the car accident. This is what the law refers to as the “modified comparative fault”. It recognizes if the other party was more at fault for the car accident than you were, and then applies the compensation based on that percentage. This means that if you’re found to be less than 50 percent responsible for the car accident, then you do have a right to receive compensation for your losses.
4. How much does it cost me to hire a car accident attorney?
Many people choose to not call an attorney because they believe that it will cost them an arm and a leg. This is not true! Why would you come to us for help with receiving compensation if it were to cost you majorly? That would defeat the purpose. Our attorneys are paid based on contingency fees. This means that you pay us nothing for a consultation. The only time we get paid is when you win your case, and our portion comes from your settlement. Absolutely no money will come from your wallet. If anything, you’ll be adding money to your wallet. And if you lose the case, you pay us nothing.
So, how much does it cost to hire one of our car accident attorneys? Nothing. If you win the case, we will receive 33 ⅓ percent of the settlement. If the case had to be taken to court, then we will receive 40 percent of the settlement. This means that anyone can afford protection from a car accident attorney!
5. Should I accept the settlement offer from the insurance company?
If you’re representing yourself and trying to settle the claim on your own, the insurance company will try to persuade you to accept the settlement offer. Since you’re without representation of a proper car accident attorney, it’s very likely that the insurance company will offer you the absolute lowest amount possible.
No. You should not accept the settlement. If they’re offering you a settlement, it would be wise to contact us for advice and guidance. Why? Insurance companies are notorious for robbing people of what’s truly owed to them, and the moment their settlement is accepted, it cancels your rights to seek more compensation later on. It resolves and closes the case. And most times, you can never go back from that result.
The problem with accepting these settlement offers without the guidance of a car accident attorney is that the compensation is often so low that it can never fully cover all of your losses. People often find themselves still owing major bills that their low compensation did not cover. This leads to further financial distress.
Insurance companies know the amount of stress and concern that weighs on people after a car accident. However, this does not deter them from taking advantage of innocent people. They will tell a claimant whatever they want to hear in order to deceive them out of their rightful compensation.
Don’t let this happen to you! If you have just experienced a car accident, please seek our help! We will not lead you wrong or astray. We care about your well being and want to help! Let us fight on your behalf. You don’t have to carry that burden alone.
6. How long do you have to file a lawsuit if that’s the route you feel is necessary?
Every state is different when it comes to the time a person has to file a lawsuit. However, for the state of Texas, you have two years from the date of the car accident to file. This is what the legal world refers to as a “statute of limitations”. It’s simply defined as the time limit to file a lawsuit from the date of occurrence for a specific time frame. Don’t be that person that allows the statutes of limitations to expire. We see it far too often with people letting them expire and then nothing can be done.
If you’re concerned with the process being too stressful on top of the stress of recovering from your losses, don’t let that stop you from contacting us. You may be surprised at how much stress we can remove from your situation. We are here to help you heal and recover! Let us fight for you today. You won’t regret it! Contact Us Today for Your Free Consultation!
Car accidents are a reality in today’s world. It’s important that you know exactly how to react and what to do if you ever catch yourself involved in one of these unfortunate events. Our car accident attorneys are trained to help you recover what you lost! Don’t suffer any more than you need to. Let us work on your behalf by negotiating with the insurance companies and prove your right to compensation.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, give us a call today for your free consultation! There’s never any reason to struggle needlessly. We will fight for you!