Major Freeways In Houston
Houston’s 10-county metro area has 575 miles of expressways and freeways. These include:
- Interstate 45 (I-45), also known as the Gulf Freeway, heading south, and the North Freeway, heading north
- Interstate 10 (I-10), also known as the East Freeway heading east toward Baytown and as the Katy Freeway heading west toward San Antonio
- Texas 59, also known as the Southwest Freeway as it connects downtown and Sugar Land
- Texas 288, extending south to Freeport
- US 290, heading northwest to Austin
- Loop 610, encircling the inner city
- Beltway 8, encircling the outer suburbs
Interesting Facts About Houston
The nation’s Space City, Houston always is pushing to the future, including its growth. It’s now the most ethnically diverse city in America, offering world-class restaurants and art venues, as well as major league sports in football, baseball, basketball and soccer.
Though some older landmarks have fallen, others remain, including — for the time being — the world’s first domed stadium, the Astrodome. And in honor of its hometown president, “Bush 41,” Houston’s biggest airport (exceeding Hobby Airport) is named George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Hire A Qualified Houston Personal Injury Attorney
The attorneys at Jim Adler & Associates are dedicated to making sure you get the compensation you deserve. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay us unless we win your case. If you sustained injuries from a car accident, 18-wheeler wreck, or at work, we want to fight for you! Call us at 1-800-505-1414 to get a free consultation today.